The Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission is working to build an inclusive society in which:
- Everyone’s human rights are respected and protected;
- There is respect for the dignity and worth of each person;
- A person’s ability to achieve their potential is not limited by prejudice, discrimination, or neglect;
- Everyone has a fair and equal opportunity to take part in economic, political, social and cultural life; and
- People respect each other, respect equality and human rights, and understand the value of diversity within society.
Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to everyone equally and without discrimination.